There is something magical about words that are put in just the right order to inspire a kind of wonderment. A well written essay can inspire change, and a speech a riotous protest. However, one of my favorite set of words comes in the form of travel quotes. So for your travel inspiration I have compiled Valencia Travel Cusco’s top 10 favorite travel quotes!
10. “Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all of one’s lifetime.” – Mark Twain
9. “Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, ‘I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station.'” – Lisa St. Aubin de Teran
8. As the traveler who has once been from home is wiser than he who has never left his own doorstep, so a knowledge of one other culture should sharpen our ability to scrutinize more steadily, to appreciate more lovingly, our own.” – Margaret Mead
7. “Bizarre travel plans are dancing lessons from God.” – Kurt Vonnegut
6. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
5. “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” – Seneca
4. “Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to.” – Alan Keightley
3. “Our Nature lies in movement; complete calm is death.” – Blaise Pascal
2. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
1.“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
I hope you enjoyed these quotes. Life isn’t interesting living in only one place, so I hope 2016 is full of movement for our readers! If you have a favorite travel quote I hope you share it in the comments, or post in on our Facebook page. Wander on friends!